This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
The holidays have always been a special time for me, especially growing up with a blended family. I always had 2 Christmases, and sometimes alternated my Thanksgivings. I had some of the best Christmases ever growing up (perks of having 4 parents with great jobs), and I’ll never forget them. Obviously, things have changed since I’ve grown up. Last Christmas was my first Christmas living with my then fiance, and this will be my first Christmas as a wife (and the mom of a dog). It’s not extremely exciting, since I don’t really plan on getting or giving too many gifts. I’m more excited for my little cousin who just turned 3. This will be his first real Christmas where he actually understands the gobs of gifts underneath the tree are for him. However, there’s still something special about how I spend my holidays.
At times, I wish I lived in an area where it snowed and was extra chilly during this special time of year. Living in SoCal has its perks of 75 degree Christmases, which is nice, but definitely doesn’t set the mood for winter time. However, it’s not always like that. Contrary to what Tony Toni Tone may have told you, it does rain in Southern California. I get cold in anything under 70 degrees, and the Santa Ana winds are no joke. So I like to stay comfortable by:
- Cuddling (which it seems like Frankie is awesome at, and hubby isn’t too bad himself)
- Sitting by the fireplace (our townhouse has a fireplace that we’ve yet to use, mostly because it’s been really hot, and we don’t know if the chute is open)
- White Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks 🙂
- Beef Stew that I plan on making in the crockpot
- Fuzzy new slippers and a plush robe (or my Snuggie!)
- Scarves and matching beanies
- Leather boots, sometimes with a heel
- White Hot Chocolate from Coffee Bean
- Peppermint creamer for coffee
- Law & Order SVU reruns on the couch
- Watching and reciting every word to A Charlie Brown Christmas
These are just a few of the things I usually do in December. One thing I’ve certainly noticed is that I sleep best during this time of year. The heater’s blasting, and having someone warm to sleep next to and spoon with isn’t bad either. We haven’t had the chance to have a lazy day in bed together since we got Frankie but I plan on making time to do so. It’s not all fun and games though; hubby and I fight over pillows several times a week. Last year, I bought him a Sobakawa pillow for Christmas. Talk about extreme comfort. I think it’s time to get another one.
So as we get closer to the end of the year, I’m grabbing all the things that make me smile and keep me warm. It is, after all, the most wonderful time of the year.
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.