In the midst of my financial woes, I somehow received a membership for CreditReport.com. I didn’t know until I got an e-mail newsletter, and then saw a monthly $14.95 charge to my account. As nice as their interface may be and informative, I already have a credit monitoring service through my Citi credit card.
So I just gave them a call since I wanted to cancel my account and that’s the only way to. I get a clearly non-English-native-speaker who’s very obviously reading from a script. I give her my information and tell her I want to cancel my account. The woman must have tried to upsell me on sticking with CreditReport.com at least 3 times.
“You know, CreditReport.com has [insert semi-cool features here].” Yes, I’m aware. “We suggest you don’t cancel your account.” But I’ve made up my mind and I’m calling to cancel. “If it’s the price you’re worried about…” Unless the price is free, I dont’ want to hear it. “But…” No buts please; I have a monitoring service, I don’t want yours. She kept saying “I understand” but it didn’t seem like she did. Nevertheless, the account is closed after an unnecessarily lengthy conversation.
Now to the links!
- 3 Months of Being The Boss and I’m Still Alive! from Budgets are Sexy
- The Rising Salary and a Love for Cash – A Future Entrepreneur’s Two Worst Enemies from Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Financial Bloggers Conference – Join Us! from Couple Money
- How to Practice Making Money from Generation Y Wealth
- The Dark Side of a Business Partner from The Financial Blogger
- 100 Frugal and Fun Activities to Do With Your Family from Bargain Babe
- Should You Pay Off Debt or Invest from 20 Something Finance
- Are We in the Next Tech Bubble? from Consumerism Commentary
- Project 333: A Wardrobe Revelation from The Saved Quarter
- One Year of Blogging Giveaway & Over $450 in Prizes to Be Won! from Invest it Wisely
- Always Check Your Bank Account (20andengaged.com)
- Best Money Tips: Smart Ways to Give (wisebread.com)
- Could a Husband Sell His House to His Wife to Get the Debt Off His Credit Report? (brighthub.com)
Good to stick to your guns. I guess they manage to capture a lot of people that way and keep them from leaving.
Thanks for the mention!
Great choices for articles to include! It was a good week.
Thanks, it was definitely a great content week.