I got some mail the other day that I just couldn’t throw away. It showed a runner from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I couldn’t tell right away whether it was a solicitation for a donation or if it was actually about training for a run. It was the latter. Team in Training, also known as TNT, is the training program by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It’s a team of fundraisers who participate in half marathons, full marathons, cycling and hiking events. I’ve been trying to get back in shape (even with the breathing difficulties from earlier this week) and I would love to accomplish a half marathon and a full marathon. I’m really considering joining, since they will train you, and a trainer is exactly what I need, as well as to be surrounded by a supportive group of people. I believe the fee to join is $100 + hitting fundraising goals. I’ll have to save up for it but I really think it would be a great thing for me to join. Any TNT runners out there? Would love to learn more about it.
Now for the links
- Crystal at Prairie EcoThrifter wrote Flaky Accountability Partners, which I could completely relate to as far as fitness. So I rather just do it myself, or join the TNT team.
- On Retire By 40, Mr. RB40 wrote My Editor Wants a Raise. His editor is his wife, which I find hilarious. Next, their child will be asking for more money too.
- Flexo from Consumerism Commentary wrote about the 2011 Stimulus Package. Although we won’t be getting a check directly, our economy is expected to improve with these changes.
- Money Reasons wrote Becoming Rich or Successful By Communicating Selectively and Effectively. The title alone is enough to make you think about how successful you truly are. The lesson learned was awesome too.
- A guest author from Not Made of Money wrote Going Out for the Cheap on Date Night. I’m one for date nights for sure, and saving money while doing it? Count me in.
Other Awesome Links
- Funki Diva Girl wrote Try to Be Nice and Smile, which I completely related to about how I come across to some people.
- CWM from Chic Working Moms wrote Do Dress Codes Still Exist for Women? I’m an advocate for style and a former shopaholic so I know exactly what a dress code is for work, but not sure how it is in the corporate world anymore.
- RJ from Gen Y Wealth posted 12 Blogs That Will Violate Your Expectations| The Concept of Motivation. I read some of the blogs he listed but some others are definitely going to the RSS reader.
- Debt Ninja from Punch Debt in the Face wrote TRINKS (Triple Income No Kids) For the Win. He wants to start a side business and I’d love to be his business partner!
- The Wife from Man, Wife and Dog wrote Problems Married People Have: Are You Still Friends With an Ex? I am and I want to know your responses too.
- Stupid Cents: Where is the Best Place to Raise a Child: City or Suburbs?
- Personal Dividends: Educating Your Child on a Dime, Why Credit Cards are Bad for College Students
- Studenomics: Changing Your Major
- The Christian Dollar: 5 Places to Go When You’re Struggling Financially