When the weather is hot, it’s great to be able to just jump in the pool and splash about. A swimming pool can also be an excellent place to get the exercise you need. Of course, you need to actually enjoy spending time in the pool, and this is only going to happen if you make sure that it’s a healthy and safe place to be. In order to do this you need to maintain your pool on a regular basis.
Let’s take a look at some of the actions you need to take, in order to keep your pool in good condition. If you do this, then you have a focal point of your outside space, where you can socialize and have fun.
1. Make sure you have a cover for your pool. This needs to be used when the pool is not in use for a period of time. It helps to stop debris from falling into the water.
2. Rake your pool each day. When the pool is being used regularly, and the cover is off, you should rake out any debris each day. If you do this job daily, it only takes a couple of minutes. While you are doing this, it’s a good idea to take some time to use a garden rake to rake the leaves from around your home too. Leaves help to create pools of moisture which attract pests to your property. Clearing the leaves is an effective means of pest control. So, it makes sense to do all the raking you need at once.
3. Vacuum the pool. You should use a pool vacuum on a regular basis; to make cleaning the sides and bottom of the pool easier.
4. Make sure the condition of the water is right. The pH of pool water should be between 7.2 and 7.6. If the pH is too high, or too low, you need to use a pH adjuster. You should check the water at least twice a week to make sure that there are no issues. You also need to add chlorine to the water in your pool; this helps to cleanse the water.
5. Take care of the pump and filter. The pump in your pool circulates the water so that it passes through the filtration system. You should seek expert advice about how often you should operate the pump in your pool. You need to make sure that the pump and the filter are kept clean, in order for them to work effectively. Keep an eye on the pressure gauge for the filter. If it’s reading lower than normal there may be something stopping the water from entering the filter as it should. If it’s reading higher than normal, this means that the filter is having to work extra hard. It may need cleaning.
All of this maintenance work is essential, if you want your pool to remain in good condition, and to be a safe place to spend time. Of course, you do not have to do all of the work yourself. You can get professional help; you can learn more about this. The important thing is that, whoever is doing the maintenance, does so in a timely and effective manner.