Who Are You?
I’m Briana, and I became Mrs. Myricks (pronounced how it’s spelled, my-ricks) on May 20, 2011. I got engaged to and married my high school sweetheart, Terrance, at 20 years old. I’m a social media specialist, freelance web consultant, blogger, and health marketing student. I love good food, good music, and good company (from kids and dogs to elders and cats). I can get lost in a good book or a rerun of Law and Order: SVU. I grew up in a blended family in the South Bay of California.
About How’s Married Life?
I started blogging as 20 and Engaged in January 2011, and renamed my site How’s Married Life in July 2012. 20 and Engaged was mostly about my adjustment from fiance to wife. How’s Married Life continues that adjustment period, after passing that 1 year mark, also known as “the honeymoon period”.
We get the question “how’s married life” often from friends and family. I tell people it depends on the day you ask me, because I’m just being honest. Some people will have you thinking marriage is a fairy tale while others will make you think it’s a nightmare. I just want to give readers a taste of what marriage is really like, no holding back.
Married life is a lifestyle, an adjustment, and a full time job. You have great days, you have bad days, you have days where you want to mentally checkout. This site is to let other married couples know they’re not alone!
We discuss how to handle family, including starting your own. We touch on turning your house (or apartment, or condo, or townhouse) into a home. We chat about intimacy, you know, keeping that fire & desire. We rant about hot topics, including other people’s marriages or news headlines. We delve into a source of anxiety in marriages: money! We’re even here for those preparing to jump the broom.
How’s Married Life isn’t a guide to marriage; it’s a shot of reality with a chaser of support.
Most Popular Posts of 2012
- 10 First Dance Wedding Songs
- 7 Smart Ways to Free Yourself From Your Stuff
- Courthouse Wedding
- How to Elope in Style
- How to Improve Your Social Life in 2012
- dead hearts: The Wedding of Victoria and Jason Evigan
- How to Have a Fantastic Honeymoon on a Budget
- Wedding Wednesday: Seating Arrangements
- Top 5 Things Newlywed Homebuyers Need to Know
- The Shoestring Wedding: Cut Down Costs Not the Celebration
The Fine Print
- Unless stated otherwise, all content on the site belongs to How’s Married Life and cannot be reproduced without prior written consent.